We are looking for multiple experienced developers to join our fantastic team!
As a senior full-stack developer you know enough of modern software development to contribute everywhere. You pick the right tools for the right projects and use your extensive knowledge of development to deliver new exciting products and services to our clients. And while doing that you’ll learn new things by contributing to our inner processes, libraries, and best practices!
We mainly work with NodeJS on the backend, but we also have lots of experience in building things with PHP, Python, and other languages. As our ideal developer, you should be familiar with infrastructure things such as cloud service providers (from big dogs at AWS/Azure/GCP to Digital Ocean to smaller services Netlify and Vercel), continuous integration and delivery services (we usually use GitHub Actions), (Docker) containers, relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) databases and everything around unix-y servers. Know how to use Git and create a pull request on GitHub? Excellent! Or maybe you might be really pro with building modern WordPress sites?
Our developers get to make an impact in every part of our projects while working alongside super talented people! If you don’t know all our core stack technologies, it’s no biggie as long as you can learn them quickly and enthusiastically. Most importantly, you are interested in modern software development methodologies.
We do most of our work in English, and that’s the only language you need to know – but with some of our clients working proficiency in the Finnish language is a big plus.
Some of our recent projects have included:
- Large IoT nation-wide IoT project (React, NodeJS, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, Kubernetes…)
- Tools and services for the biggest companies in Finland (React, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Hasura…)
- Super modern multinational websites (Contentful, WordPress as a headless CMS, React, NodeJS, GraphQL)
- E-commerce services with different kinds of stacks (custom, Shopify, WooCommerce)
- Apps (web and mobile) for start-ups (React, Flutter)
To help you grow as a developer, we have a mentoring program, we offer any study-related things you might need (courses, books…) and you get to travel to conferences of your choice (COVID-19 situation permitting). You get to choose your tools and the best possible hardware and software to help you produce the best possible work. Love contributing to open source projects? So do we! And of course, you are compensated accordingly with additional perks like medical care, exercise and culture vouchers, and lunch benefits.
- 3-4+ years of work and/or open-source experience in one or more of the aforementioned technical skills
- Experience with code collaboration in (small) teams
- Great communication and team working skills in English (Finnish is a plus)
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly
- Motley offers hybrid ways of working: we have a great office in the middle of Helsinki but remote working is also a norm. However, you should be able to occasionally travel to the greater Helsinki area if needed.
What we offer:
- A fun place to work with super talented colleagues
- International working environment
- Challenging projects with Finland’s most ambitious companies
- The opportunity to shape your role
- Horizontal organization and great work-life balance
- Great salary and support from day one
- Annual personal learning budget
- Chance to contribute to open-source projects
- And you get to pick the tools that suit you the best
Sounds good to you? Ship your application now via the form on this page. If you have anything to ask you can reach our Director of Technology Pete Nykänen directly by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org